1. Something you’ve labored over recently?
I have been working all summer on a literary arts curriculum for Wyatt. I do have a wonderful curriculum for Language Arts from The Good and the Beautiful bought and sitting on the shelf, waiting for next week when we start school, but I want to delve further into books and reading with him. So, I am making my own program. I absolutely can’t wait to start it with him! My husband works for a printing company and he printed what I have finished (Sept – Dec). I love how it is turning out!
2. How will you rest on Labor Day?
A cookout and a fire with my family.
3. Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” Would you agree? Where and how did you learn the value of hard work?
I would probably agree with that statement, although I definitely also learned it from watching my mother and father work hard. We work hard, my parents, my husband is definitely a very hard worker, I’m a hard worker. We don’t give up or give in. The hardest worker I know though is my son. He has had to do so much starting at such a young age; this kid is tough. Every movement is hard for him, from holding a pencil to sitting up to trying to stand and walk. He never quits though, and usually goes about it all laughing and smiling.
4. It’s National Eat Outside Day (August 31st). Will you? Do you enjoy dining ‘al fresco’ or prefer indoor seating?
We are outside people, we love nature and the outdoors and so we generally opt for the outside. I guess we will have to have a picnic today!
5. Somehow it’s the end of August. What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so?
I feel like we have had so many great moments this month, big and small. I think the best day was the day that Billy, Wyatt, and I went to the County Fair. It was nostalgic for me, and I loved visiting with all the animals, especially the rabbits. Wyatt was in awe of the giant farm animals, and couldn’t believe they were so close to us! Or rather, that we were so close to them! And he apparently had the best waffle of his life there too.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
That I need to start thinking about Christmas gifts!! I am one of those people that start super early with their shopping. I like to be done by December so that in December I can focus on baking and enjoying the wonder of the season.