The Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce From This Side of the Pond.
Happy Wednesday, Happy Hodgepodge!
1. Tell us a little bit about the best birthday you’ve ever had.
I am sure I had some fantastic birthdays as a child, thanks mom and dad. But I have two standout birthdays. My 25th birthday was crazy awesome. I was on my honeymoon at Disney World for my 25th, and we spent the day at Epcot, my favorite park, and had dinner at the Rose and Crown Pub. The staff there sang to me and wished me a happy 21st birthday, so now I like to sometimes shave four years off of my age, and call it my Disney age.
The other stand out birthday was in 2017. I won four tickets to the opera, La Boheme, free valet parking, and passes to the VIP Lounge. It was an amazing experience! We took my brother and sister-in-law with us, of course. We went out to eat at the Roma Cafe beforehand, then headed over to the Detroit Opera House. We were shocked when we learned that our tickets were for the best box seat in the house! They even paid homage before the opera began to a woman sitting in the box with us. We felt very fancy. Then the lounge was spectacular as well. Chrissy and I were very underdressed and we literally sat and just soaked in the sights, while sipping our champagne.
2. In what way(s) have you changed in the last five years?
The last five years have been all about growth for me! I had a baby seven years ago, and over the years we have reshaped our lives and we love it so much. That is pretty vague I apologize, but we are so much more … just really so much more, honestly.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the street on which you live?
4. The Hodgepodge lands on National Beer Day…are you a beer drinker? What’s a recipe you make that lists beer as one of the ingredients? If not beer, how about yeast?
I am not much of a beer drinker. I am not sure I make anything with beer! I do like to make bread though.
5. As I grow older I would like to be a woman (or man, if there are any men in the HP today) who…
…continues to be curious and explores and reads and is surrounded by family.
6. Random thought..
My son and I had a wonderful day back to school yesterday.